It is important to find your harmony.
LOVE vs. TOXIC LOVE
1. Love: Development of self-first priority.
Toxic Love: Obsession with relationship
2. Love: Room to grow, expand, desire for other to grow.
Toxic Love: Security, comfort in sameness; intensity of need seen as proof of love (may really be fear, insecurity, loneliness)
3. Love: Separate interests; other friends; maintain other meaningful relationships.
Toxic Love: Total involvement; limited social life; neglect old friends, interest.
4. Love: Encouragement of each other’s expanding, secure in own worth.
Toxic Love: Preoccupation with other’s behavior; fear of other changing.
5. Love: Appropriate trust (i.e. trusting partner to behave according to fundamental nature.)
Toxic Love: Jealousy; possessiveness; fear of competition; protects “supply.”
6. Love: Compromise, negotiation or taking turns in leading. Problem solving together.
Toxic Love: Power plays for control; blaming; passive or aggressive manipulation.
7. Love: Embracing of each other’s individuality.
Toxic Love: Trying to change others to own image.